Key Points From This Episode:
• Nate introduces himself and his role at Coin Metrics, a leading crypto asset data provider.
• How on-chain analytics provide incredible access to data about crypto transactions.
• Unpacking Bitcoin’s characteristics and why it should be seen as an asset class.
• How Bitcoin evolved in relation to the financial industry.
• Predictable economic assurances and comparing Bitcoin to traditional financial institutions.
• Bitcoin’s open structure and how this flips the old model of keeping data behind closed doors.
• Exploring Bitcoin’s history as a game-changing technology that appeared out of nowhere.
• Why Bitcoin enthusiasts see its organic evolution and anonymous origins as a key feature.
• The view that Bitcoin is still early in its path to monetization.
• Investing in digital gold; the many market opportunities that Bitcoin presents.
• Why Bitcoin is more than a payment network.
• Bitcoin’s perfect fit within diversified investment portfolios and its low correlation with other assets.
• Nate answers the big question, “Is Bitcoin mature enough to be an institutional asset?”
• Comparing Bitcoin’s trading volume and liquidity against FANG stocks and other asset classes.
• Why institutions have neglected Bitcoin and the impact that they could have on Bitcoin’s ethos.
“Bitcoin was founded in 2009 as a direct response to the 2008 financial crisis and the loss of trust in our traditional financial institutions.” — @natemaddrey
“One of the exciting things about Bitcoin is you can send 10 million dollars’ worth of Bitcoin to the other side of the world for a couple of dollars and have it settle within 10 minutes to an hour.” — @natemaddrey
More FYI Podcasts: https://ark-invest.com/research/podcast
Learn more about ARK: https://ark-invest.com/